Tuesday, August 27, 2013

In Love with War



They said, "If you want peace, prepare for War". And we all did! As a matter of fact the whole world went into War, sometimes together and most of the times in smaller groups. Our Mythology, Ancient History, Civil History and current affairs, we all read about War! Peace is just a word in the book which has an alternate meaning given to it "Cold War".

Last weekend I managed to watch the movie "Madras Cafe". The story is fictional but supposedly based on some true events that happened a few decades back. Well I would be the wrong person to write a review, but I wish to share the thoughts that it left me with! The moment lights were switched on in the Cinema hall, I could see hundreds rising from their seats, and getting into a WAR to approach the Exit Door first and leave!

On a serious note, I was left with a thought - what is the true reason behind any war? All the Battles that I have read about in History, enlighten me with just one thing! Its Personal! A war is fought to accomplish Personal desire! or I should say it's created out of a personal desire! We may later Name it a Civil war, Religious War, Defensive War, Cold war, Economic war, World war or even a simple Emotional War! it starts with one Person's personal desires of achievement! Hitler had his own Desires and so did Saddam Hussain! But we cannot leave behind the desires of Roosvelt, George Bush, Netaji or even Mahatma Gandhi. So, the process is like
One Person has a desire
He/she takes action to achieve it
If it doesn't affect any other person's personal desires, then Peace (Which has never happened)
Someone opposes, then War
This rule might just apply to all conflicts and war, big or small! And it's always personal.

But I am more concerned about those people who get involved in this war and lose their own peace, without even knowing the basic reasons behind the event or how big or small this is going to be! The Movie too presented the same fact to me!

Well, I am at Peace now! Content! But as my first line read, this is just a preparation for War! And, the war can be can be as silly and simple as : Should I meet her tomorrow? - a war of 2 emotions; the war of Mind and Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment