Tuesday, February 4, 2014

In Love with Inspiration

Where does one find Inspiration? Where do You find it? Where do You look for?

Blogs? Quotes? Fairly tales? Success Stories of legends? or Great businessmen or innovators? Social Reformers? who else?

An Inspiration walked-In today at my Kalyani-Expressway Office (registered office of Winnominds Ventures)! His vehicle was parked outside, on the road - an old Hero bicycle! A Man in his early thirties, but I guess the living made him look a decade older. Looking at his hair, I am sure that in a couple of years he'll turn bald. Well-built, 5 feet 6 inch structure, wearing a t-shirt and trouser, which surely needs laundry! Tired, wrinkled and tanned face, with facial hair that seems like asking for a shave over a week! But Sparkling Eyes and a Smile that can make you feel the warmth of the winter sun!

Still thinking what makes this, just another man, an Inspiration? His Introduction - rather His New Introduction! He walked up to the office gate. I was sitting outside with Zubin & Francis, just about to complete my lunch under the warm winter sun rays. He kept looking at me.

"Sir, chintey perechen?" (Do you remember me?)

The spark in the eyes & the soothing smile looked so familiar. But I answered with an apology that I do remember meeting him, but was not able to recall when & where. He continued...

"Sir, aami aapnar office er samne theke onek baar gechi. kintu ajke apnake dekhlam, tai dekha kortey chole elam." (I have crossed your office several times, since you are here today so I walked in)

And then I recollected that the last time I met this man was on the final day of my tenure at Tech Mahindra Ltd. 3 years back. He was working there as a Security Guard. People in that organization were very fond of me, right from the Peon to the Centre Head. I still don't know why but with a lot of gratitude and thankfulness I can say, that close to 1200 people working in that office had immense Love for me. But He was different from the lot. I recollect having a few discussions with him at times; that he was once a state level soccer player; that he had to quit Soccer so that he could work and make a living for his family; that he wanted to do more in life.

Dipul Paul - 9874184755, 9836965096
I was so happy to see him. More happy to know that he remembered me. Even more happy that he still had my visiting card that I gave him while saying goodbye 3 years back. And the moment that made my day, was when I received His Visiting Card. Yes! he has left that job. He has set up his small business of Agro Products (rice, wheat, flour, pulses, oil etc. etc.). He collects orders from families every month and delivers them at doorstep, making the life of the residents easier! He has more than a 100 satisfied clients and he wants to serve more homes in Madhyamgram, Birati, Sodepur & Belgharia in the coming months. PLEASE CALL HIM IF YOU ARE IN THESE AREAS OF KOLKATA TO AVAIL HIS SERVICES.

I remember he told me 3 years back, "Sir, apni chakri chere nijer baypsha shuru korchen! Aapni aamar jonno Inspiration. Aami o aapnar moto hobo!" (Sir, you have left your Job to start your own venture. You have Inspired me. I'll also become like You!) Today, he has motivated me to live my dreams all over again! 
Now, I'll do more than my 100%. And, that every  percent more than 100 will be for him!


Where does one find Inspiration? Where do You find it? Where do You look for?

9 comments:

  1. I believe, when you bring your dreams into existence and then take it forward with all your sincerity and hard work, it shows.. People notice you and with the passage of time, respect you and eventually derive inspiration..
    All the Best Manish, I hope I can start my own venture soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Manish... Happy to see and Even More Happy to read such a good insporation story of your life !!!! Keep Going !! All the Best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Manish..

    Srijith here.(OLD TECHM IT SUPPORT BIPL).

    This is for the first time i am visiting your website.. But i am speechless about your success and the success of that person and the way how he made it.. Truely inspirational.. GOD BLESS YOU MANISH BHAI !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking such independent step takes lots of courage!!! Thanks a lot Manish to jerk me out of feeling of low and weariness:)

    ReplyDelete