Saturday, June 24, 2017

In love with Birthdays

Yesterday was my birthday! Every year, my perspective for this day evolves (effects of aging, I guess). I was reminded about a small plastic tub in our bathroom. The next thing I know is that we are on a search mission - old photo albums. After a series of digging expeditions and exploration, we found a picture.


The kid in this old photo is me (about 6 months old) and the lady, my beloved mother! The legend is… that the tub I am sitting in( which is unfortunately not visible in the old frame), while my Maa gives me a bath is the same yellow tub that I am holding today!

During a natural calamity, some 10 years back, we lost most of our childhood memories which included toys, board games, clothes, pictures, etc. Hence, anything that could remind us of our childhood and make us relive it for some moments has an immense value! In an era of instant gratification and consumerism where we use & throw things, I never knew a plastic tub could mean a treasure to me!

Do share in the comments what you found on your birthday! 


Thank you to each one of you for taking the time to wish me! Your messages and texts are Valuable! You are Valuable! 

1 comment: