Tuesday, February 10, 2015

In Love with Indian Politics

If you are looking at this post to analyze which Political party I support or my arguments are biased towards which politician - I request you to please shut down the webpage immediately. It's a Common Indian's perspective that I am trying to share through my observation about it. And obviously, I am overwhelmed to write it today because it's a Historic Day in the Indian Politics where the underdog AAP defeats the mighty BJP or I should say crushed it. But more on that later. Let me tell you where it started with me.

I suppose my observation on Politics started in the nineties of the last century. I have been brought up, like most of you, celebrating Children's Day(call it by other name like Pandit Jawahar lal Nehru's birthday), Republic Day, Independence Day, Bapu's Birthday, Bhagat Singh, Subhash Chandra Bose and a hundred other people's Days.  I read about Democracy, Secularism, Federal System, Communism, Marxists in my curriculum books and everything was so easy and logical. Sometimes it was so easy in the books that I was left confused when I overheard the political discussion by the elders sitting at the Tea Stall in our locality.

Then one day I was eligible to cast my vote. I fell into a queue to submit documents so that I could get a Voter Id Card. Then another day, another queue for a Photograph - the Worst Photograph Ever! Then another queue to cast my first vote. I was keen to know the results. and hence followed almost all sources of information; Good, Bad & Ugly - all this after casting my precious vote. So, by the time the results were declared, I had already developed a disinterest; forget my expectations for the next 5 years.

This disinterest carried on, and meanwhile we changed residence. I missed out a Couple of Elections in between because technically I was not on the voter list. Things gradually changed within me with time. In my own sphere of life started realizing that blaming does not help. We really have to be the change we wish to see. All actions are cumulative. I, as an individual, can do a good or a bad job based on my power. Our MLAs & MPs are nothing but our Cumulative Representation. So their Job and Power is a Cumulative of all our Good or Bad Demands from them! And as we move up the hierarchy, the most powerful person's actions look huge.

Also, I learnt from my Job Roles, that as an outsider, you can just comment. To make a difference, you have to become part of the system, understand its strength & weakness thoroughly, and only then we can change it!

And this change started happening one day. Be it movies like NAYAK, and Rang De Basanti, be it the Kargil War, be it the nation Uprising against a Gang rape or be it the movement against corruption. I feel good to be part of such a fast changing nation. But on the other hand I also see that because we are becoming vocal to say it out loud about each other's Rights and Freedom, the Political leaders have changed their strategies.

9 Months back a Gentleman created history by a tremendous Political victory - A journey of a Chaiwala to the PM of India. And then today again another Common man created a history at the Delhi Vidhan Sabha elections! While the Media Channels are reporting only to increase their TRPs, I doubt who lost today? No one did!


As per my observation BJP already knew that Delhi would be touch to Win. Hence they persuaded Kiran Bedi to represent them. I am sure you would say they still Lost. Now consider this aspect. BJP's last few elections has been so minutely designed and planned that there isn't much scope of failure. Why did they fail here then? Or they wanted to Fail here? Given the clean Political image and almost No Background of AAP, it would have been tough to control AAP team to run campaigns in various parts of India for the next 5 years and disrupt the BJP work, if they were free to do so. But now since almost all the AAP candidates have won the election, they would be busy with their MLA task for the next 5 yrs, while BJP can concentrate on the whole of India. Considering what could be benefit of Congress and other BJP opposing parties in this elections, clearly they now have confidence that defeating BJP is possible! And do I need to say about AAP?

But most importantly, when all parties together would try to save their Grounds, the common man would be benefited. Hence I fell in Love with the Indian Political system today, all over again! Everyone wins, that's the power of Democracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment